I regularly provide teaching and consultation to health care professionals as part of my NHS role. I am experienced in chairing case conferences, providing group supervision, and running workshops. Please feel free to contact me if you wish to discuss your training or consultation needs.
My research interests include:
- Attachment and loss
- Holistic approaches to managing chronic illness
- Support groups for patients with neurological conditions
- Psychoneuroimmunology - the interface between mind, brain, and body
- Compassion focussed therapy and mindfulness based stress reduction as modes of reducing healthcare profession burnout
- The impact of the quality of the doctor-patient relationship on patients with medically unexplained symptoms